Check yourself out versus the following definition you too can google.
“a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions”.
Sooooooooooo, you may be INTOLERANT and thus a BIGOT if:
- You prefer to argue (win-lose) versus discuss (win-win) to be open to other perspectives and ideas.
- You only watch CNN or Fox or MSNBC news instead of looking at all of them for balanced news.
- You get angry or violent or intimidating when someone expresses a different viewpoint.
- You are a weak critical and rational logical thinker.
- You are partial to groupthink “following the crowd, “not rocking the boat” and “going along to get along”.
- You may not have educated yourself about ALL the relevant facts. “The highest result of education is tolerance.” … Helen Keller.
“Tolerance is important, especially in a democracy. The ability to have honest conversations, even if you come from a different place, a difference perspective, is fundamentally important.” … Theo Epstein