Delegating can be scary. Hey, maybe you should do it so that it gets done right.
Or maybe you’re afraid because the person to whom you delegate will do it better than you?
“Effective leaders learn when and how to let go of the reins and reap the following 5 benefits of delegation.
1. Your project gains special skills. Multidisciplinary technical needs inherent to most systems projects possess, are served by the right skills.
2. Staff develops their career skills. Greater self-esteem, technical development and decision-making are natural bi-products of delegation.
3. You gain more time for managing. Project managers who delegate free themselves of trivial jobs which grind their work to a halt.
4. The organization advances. Delegation encourages people to work independently. It grooms staff for advancement.
5. Delegation inspires. Delegation creates an environment for individuals to excel in areas that satisfy particular needs.”
.…. Extracted from my book the Extraordinary Power of Project Relationships
Do the right thing! Pay it forward. Together, let’s make a positive difference.
“To give back and be given is to feel the sun from both sides” … Harry Mingail